Thursday, May 21, 2015

Keri Hilson Donates School Supplies To La Caza Orphanage



Keri Hilson recently visited the Ivory Coast of Africa and donated school supplies to the "La Caza" orphanage. "La Caza" is an orphanage for children who lost their parents in the civil war and Keri Hilson says it was a really emotional experience for her. So much so, that during the holidays, Keri Hilson sent over packages of bookbags, t-shirts, sunglasses, notebooks, and even an electric keyboard to the children of "La Caza"!

Keri also did an interview with OkayAfrica.com and told them about her experiences there as well as what she loves about Africa. So find out what Miss Keri Baby had to say when you click on the "Read More" button below:



So, you visited Ivory Coast recently.
Yeah, it was great! Though it was only a short stay, I got to play a show at Palais de la Culture d’Abidjan for about 4,000 people — the crowd’s energy was amazing.

What did you do while there?
I was lucky to get to meet prime minister Guillaume Soro. Other than that, we got to go to the beach, do a bit of local shopping and ate out a lot. I gotta say, out of the African cities I visited this year Abidjan had the best food hands-down. We were tearing up the poulet brais , aloco and kedjenou (laughs).

What sparked your interest in playing Abidjan?
Well, I’ve been traveling to Africa for a few years now. I first went with John Legend on his 2009 South African tour. Ever since then I’ve kept wanting to return. My dream is to visit each country in the continent. You know, being African-American you truly get a sense of “home” while there. I was also impressed people could trace their lineage to a specific tribe, it’s something I’ve been trying to find out for myself.

Do you have a highlight of the trip?
Yeah, my favorite part by far was visiting La Caza — an orphanage for children who lost their parents in the civil war. It was a really emotional experience and great to get to see the kids smile. For the holidays, I’m sending them over packages of bookbags, t-shirts, sunglasses, notebooks, and even an electric keyboard!

Say what you must about Miss Keri Baby, but she is a positive chick! In fact, she's a "Gossipy" chick in my book! What are your thoughts? I'm listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment