Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Keyshia Cole Addresses Her Comment About Almost Not Participating In "Black Girls Rock" Because She's Biracial




Keyshia Cole has found herself in some hot water recently after she visited BET's "106 & Park" and was asked about her experience on the "Black Girls Rock" show where she performed. Keyshia's response to the question which was asked by Bow Wow below:


“I’m Bi-racial but it’s ok...I'm Black, I'm Black.. At first I was skeptical about being a part of the Black Girls Rock organization, but then when I read on it and I realized how strengthening it is for our black women and women in general - how strengthening it is for us to come together and understand that no matter what, we rock.

I just think it’s a beautiful organization and I’m so happy to be a part of it."


Many folks took Keyshia Cole's statement in a negative way as if she was saying something derogatory, or if she was denying the fact that she is black, but I truly think she was just acknowledging both sides of who she is....but that's just my opinion. So if you missed out on Keyshia Cole's appearance on BET's "106 & Park", then check out the clip below:





Now don't think for one second that Keyshia Cole hasn't heard the backlash and smack talk about her comments because she has responded to it all via her Twitter page. You can check out her tweets when you click on the "Read More" button below:







So there you have it folks! Keyshia Cole is definitely a black girl who rocks!! BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment