Friday, August 10, 2012

Jordin Sparks Lights Up ‘Redbook’



Just one week away from Jordin Sparks‘ big screen debut in Sparkle, the pop star is already sitting pretty on the latest issue of Redbook. For her cover spread the American Idol alum dons a sparkling orange mini skirt and casual white top, a black sequined form-fitting dress and an orange wrap dress that not only highlights the recent Shape cover girl‘s figure but her gorgeous skin tone. One of our recently named Hottest 30 Pop Stars Under 30 talks about working with the late Whitney Houston and about her new svelte figure.



Reflecting on Sparkle: "I get so overwhelmed because its my first film, and for my first film to be so deep and heavy...I got to work with one of my idols and sing with her, and she even played my mother. I don't know if anything will ever be as good as this. Sometimes I ask myself, Why did I deserve to have a part in a film like this? I don't want this to come off crazy, but somebody said to me, 'It's like Whitney essentially passed the torch.' And to hear that, it's just nuts."



On her new fit physique (she is the new face of Reebok, after all): "My whole journey has been about self-acceptance. There's no quick or magical way to lose weight. You just have to do it the natural way-diet and exercise and stick to it-and be able to do it at your own pace. Everyone has their own thing."






 



On being Jason Derulo‘s “It Girl”: “We both went through things that were tragic, and that brought us even closer together. He had a near-death experience, and I lost someone. Priorities get in line when stuff like that happens. Family is what matters - and being with the people you love.”






Will you be picking up Jordin’s issue when it hits newsstands August 14?


No comments:

Post a Comment