Wednesday, January 22, 2014

York Wallcoverings



Stacy Garcia's Parisian Poppies for York Wallcoverings.



When it comes to decorating, I am absolutely obsessed with wallpaper. At an early age I fell head-over-heels in love. This young obsession might have something to do with the fact that both my grandma and mom were also fixated on pasting roll upon roll of intricate paper on their wall’s surfaces, not to mention my mom is a decorating junkie. I spent many an afternoon looking over wallpaper samples and picking out my favorite prints in the wallpaper store located downtown. The more fanciful and over-the-top the design, the better. So when my mom recently told me about Pennsylvania-made York Wallpaper, I knew instantly I would be smitten.



For over 117 years, York Wallcoverings has been made in the same York, Pennsylvania, factory producing more than 100 million feet of wallpaper a year. With many famous admirers including the Reagans, who decorated Camp David with a hunting scene by the company, and the set designers of Black Swan, who featured a York butterfly motif in the bedroom of Natalie Portman’s character, York Wallcoverings remains as prevalent today as it was in the 1800s.








No comments:

Post a Comment