Wednesday, April 30, 2014

getting crafty



I am not crafty. I like to leave the craftiness to the professionals. Two years ago, however, I bought this adorable puppy love cross stitch kit from ChezSucreChez on Etsy...and finally started working on it last week. With a brief interruption to purchase more floss when I ran out, I managed to complete them over a period of about three days.
It was harder than I thought it would be to put the tiny Xs into their proper places. Guess which one I did first? I did enjoy the project, and I wish I had another kit on hand to work on. However, my next thing to try is...crochet! I mentioned to my mom back in November that I wanted to try and learn crochet, and she sent me yarn, needles, and a book about it for Christmas. Now I suppose I have no excuse not to learn.
Would I like to learn how to crochet something like this?


photo from wondertrading's Flickr

Well, yes, but...I'm realistic. I think my goal will be some throw pillows for the sofa!
xoK

No comments:

Post a Comment